I knew the time would come when we would have to part but I never thought it would be like this. I always imagined that you would be the one and only heirloom that would go down from generation to generation. You were not just any car, you were the symbol of my independence and I hoped you would be the same for Frankie and the generations to come. It was the first thing I got all on my own. So many memories we made together.
I still remember the first day I spent with you, I read your manual from beginning to end, tried every button and remember the excitement that I felt when I figured out that the salesman was wrong and you did come with a CD player. Not just a CD player... a 6 disc changer!!!
I remember all the miles I put on you in such little time. All the trips me, you and Frankie took to Utah, San Diego, Arizona, Los Angeles, Sacramento, San Francisco and many more. We spent lots of miles together and I enjoyed every single one of them.
All the times we would pull over at our "special spot" on the way to Utah and Frankie and I would lay on the hood of the car and admire the Milky Way and how on every trip we would at least see one shooting star?
I remember how you got all the dints, scratches that came with time.
The hole in the back window made by the vacuum one day I let my mom borrow you.
Do you remember how you got the dent in your front fender?
Sandra and I were coming back from teaching drill team at a school out in the middle of nowhere and a huge diesel truck made a right turn from the left lane and didn't see us. Thanks to my fast reflexes and your great handling only the last tire hit us. The guy didn't even realize that we were hit and although we tried to get his attention, Sandra and I didn't succeed. We also failed to get the license plate number because we were both blind at the time.
How about the time that Sandra and I went looking for the "Dell" to meet some friends at a camp ground. Do you remember how scary that was? The dirt road with no way to turn around without falling off the cliff, the bats and the darkness.
Talking about bats, do you remember how many birds tried to attack us? I specifically remember the huge owl that flew right toward us as if we were invisible on the way to Utah. If I had a penny for each bird that almost hit us I would be rich.
I remember your smell, the smell of crayons that even after the years people would still smell.
I remember the sparkley star stickers that Frankie put on your windows as a surprise for me and the Mickey Mouse antenna ball and all the things that gave you character and made you stand out above the others. So much, that as the story goes, you were the reason I am now happily married to my best friend.
You were the one that was out there parked on the mountain road on that 4th of July which brought Grant and I together.
Circumstances have taken us in two different directions but don't worry, both of us will be fine. You are in good hands!! What makes it even better that you are still somewhat in the family and even better, I still get to see you once in a while.
Just the other day, I got to drive you for a small distance and you still had it in you!
I miss you and hope that you make great memories with your new family.
Love Ya Bunches,
Me
P.S. I hope I can make as many great memories with the V-Star.





5 I love hearing from you!:
sounds like there is more of a story behind this. what happened?
Sorry, I keep having technical difficulties!!
i felt the same way when we traded in Toby, my blue corolla for our new camry last year. Jared didn't want to keep the car anymore since it was in that accident he was in...whereas i just didn't want to let it go. It too was the first BIG thing that i got on my own and i made sooo many fun memories in that car. it was sad to just leave it at the dealership that day. oh well. i made sure to get lots of pictures with it. but i understand. so what are you gonna be driving now?
We have the Passat which replaced the Jeep after the engine blew.
Ok...this is just too too funny!
Did Grant buy a motocycle? Tell him to be carefull please...I am so scared of them. Love ya!
-Scarlet
Post a Comment