10.14.2009

Storage Gallorage

I was one of those people that always felt guilty when the subject of having food storage would be brought up at church and conference.  Well, me and my family no longer need to worry.  We are definetly on our way to exaltation! JK!

Since I've been on an "extended vacation" from work, I've had a lot of time in my hands. Well, maybe not time, but having withdrawals from having projects, deadlines, meetings and just busy things to do. 

I've been trying to figure things out and trying to find projects and things to do so that I don't go completely insane.  One of these projects has been couponing. 

Now, I don't like taking trips to the grocery store, but couponing has definetly made that bearable.  I now have deadlines (hit the store before the sale is over), busy projects (making a shopping list and matching up the coupons) and reports (showing my husband how much money we are saving). 

Yesterday, I took a trip to Rite Aid and got $45 worth of cold medicine, chapstick, allergy medicine and stuff like that for FREE!!!  Well, I have to submit the rebate, but it will be free in a few weeks.

Today, I made one of those trips to the store.  I ended up buying about $125 worth of food for approx. $45.  One of those fun buys was toothpaste for 0.25 each.  I stocked up on more cereal, soup, cookie dough, toothpaste and more fun stuff like that. 

It is so great to see our cupboards and storage room overflowing with food and necessities.

























WE'VE GOT SO MUCH FOOD WE ENDED UP PUTTING PAX TO GUARD IT!!
DON'T LET HIS SIZE FOOL YOU....HE'S READY TO ATTACK!!!







Now I can't take credit for all of this. The "Krazy Coupon Lady" has made it a lot easier.  To learn how to do this click HERE.  I also have a link on the right hand side of my blog.

***WARNING: If you decide to do this your results may vary.  Also be aware that it does take time to get the hang of it.

5 I love hearing from you!:

Pinky Homer said...

That's amazing!!! ... I know where to come if I'm short on something. Talk to me in about a year and I'll join your club.

Gabby said...

I'll be here!! Hopefully I'll be an expert at it then!

Anonymous said...

Nice picture of all the Maxi Pads!

Gabby said...

That's RIGHT!!! those are necessities too you know!! Unlike you, I have nothing to hide MR."Anonymous" what do you have to hide??? show yourself...I know you have a log on!!!

Chellese said...

Very, very impressive - both your couponing and your food prep. I need to get on the ball.