Recently in one of our ward's Relief Society enrichments we had Deanna Buxton the author of 30 Meals in One Day come and speak. I was immediately convinced by her product. I am the kind that likes to have a menu for many reasons. One, so that even if I am deathly ill my family can figure out what to make for dinner. Also because I hate it when 5pm comes around and I find myself staring at the fridge and cupboards trying to figure out what to make and figuring out if I have all the ingredients.
Since that enrichment I have done this 3 times. It has been awesome.
Here are some things that I love about doing this:
1) Making them has been one more thing that I can do with friends and family.
2) I hate grocery shopping and this definetly cuts back on the many trips to the store to once a month.
3) All the recipes have been yummy and even have survived the picky eating family test.
4) I love when 5 o'clock comes around now because I can just grab any of these and throw them in the oven. Even Frankie and Grant can just follow the simple instructions on the labels and make dinner.
5) We find ourselves eating out less and Mac & Cheese and Top Ramen have been all but eliminated from our menu
6) We have lots of variety to choose from. I've made things that I have never even thought of making.
7) For the most part we are now eating on a more consistant schedule giving us more free time at night
8) It is a great feeling to open the freezer, both, the upstairs and down stairs, and know that we have something to eat.
9) I get nightly compliments from my family about how great dinner was.
10) We now sit down and eat at the table nightly and have
quality time together!
9 years ago





4 I love hearing from you!:
It sounds SO perfect ... I wish it would solve my problems like it solves yours. If only ...
Thanks Gabby...I really will use this as soon as I come back from Guate.
I try my best to do this all the time...I have a very small fridge in use untill the house is done. So..I can't wait to be able to use my brand new fridge with this 30 meals in 1 day thing
-Scarlet
nice! someday i'll get organized like that.....someday.......... :P
Oh I missed that enrichment. Any chance you still have the handout or want to teach me :)
Post a Comment