9.06.2009

The New Addition To Our Family


We are happy to announce that our family has grown by 4 feet! No it's not twins or an abnormal baby! It's a puppy. His name is Paxil but we call him Pax for short.



We got him as a 4 month old puppy in June from a very nice young lady that simply felt guilty because she worked most of the day and couldn't give him the attention he needed.
Now that I have to stay home (not in the best circumstances) we decided what better to have a little one to cheer me up.
He is a Yorkie Tea cup and he is now full grown to a whole 3 lbs.
Who knew that such little things could bring such joy and happiness?
There is so much truth in my favorite scripture that says "from small and simple things great thing shall come to pass"

He was originally named Elvis, but that name just didn't fit him.

For a week or so we began to gather names that might fit him best.
Some of those were, Chip, Pulga (flea), Spec almost anything that might truly describe him.

As a family we took a vote and decided on Chip.

I was probably the only one that wasn't very satisfied with the outcome.

In fact, that was my last choice.

As I was lying in bed that night I thought, we need a name that describes his personality and not his size.
In the few weeks he had been here he had made everyone that had crossed his path smile, especially me!

He is just such a cutie that you just can't help but smile.

I thought…what makes us smile?

Sadly the first thing that popped into my head was the various medications that I have been exposed to since I had my anxiety attack.
Prozac, Lorazepam and Paxil.

We thought of naming him Prozac and calling him Zac for short, but Paxil was a lot better.
So there it is, Paxil.

He has become my happy pill. He makes me smile no matter what.

When we are out and about I can't help to smile when other people smile and approach us.
Pax's therapy also has included the much needed interaction with the outside world.

We take him most everywhere. He is definitely a show stopper.

The great thing is that he is very friendly and allows everyone including little kids approach him.



Drew of course can't get enough of him. He's like her baby brother that she's been wishing for.

She carries him everywhere, locks him up in her room and makes him play with her.

Sometimes, she reminds me of Elvira from Looney Toons.

She loves him so much she tortures him.

Does this picture say it all or what?
 A few weeks ago he was hit by a car. He went out on the main street by our house (which he never had done before).
Drew witnessed it all, but with help with some passing people, they brought him back to our house, unconscious and we were able to take him to the nearest emergency vet.

Drew was screaming hysterically and was so devastated. She kept saying "he kept playing dead".

According to witnesses he was thrown 40 yards.

After a night of observation, they determined that the only thing he suffered was a concussion.

For a puppy his size no one thought he would survive anything like that.

I know it sound silly, but I know heavenly father heard our prayers and new we (I) needed him.

Man! You never know how much pets mean to you until stuff like this happens.

We were all traumatized but specially Drew.
She kept blaming herself, but after some daily reinforcement she is now ok.
Here's a picture of him the day we brought him home. He has fully recovered from the accident. Now you may be thinking…"wow he looks awful". Well, let me tell you that it is not the accident that is making him look awful in this picture but the awful haircut that I attempted to give him a few weeks back. He is still recovering from that!



 

Here are some more fun pictures of Pax. Is funny how his hair makes him look like a different dog. 
Oh yes! and he is a BYU fan!!! 
 

 

2 I love hearing from you!:

Pinky Homer said...

He is SO cute! You can't help but love him. I love the last pix ... so perfectly describes the love you feel for him and him for you!

Liz Smith said...

CUUUUTE!!!! i can't wait till the day when we can get a puppy. i love the name you picked too. and that picture with him in his little cast is classic. glad he is okay.