On one of my sanity trips to the store, the kids and I were browsing around the dollar section at Target. I love this section because not only they have great deals on scrapbook stuff, but once in a while you will find treasures like the one I found on this particular trip. THE 2 PACK WINE STOPPER!!!
I was in awe! Finally, some very cleaver person invented what most mothers like me have needed.
As I explored this item with excitement I wondered how to use it. I looked for instructions, pictures, something.
I turned it every which way to figure it out without opening it. I'm sure the people around me thought I was weird, but I didn't care. I had finally found what might help my days go better.
I kept asking myself…do you blow it? Let them suck on it? Does it make a high pitch noise that only they can hear? Is it medicated candy?
I was puzzled. A few moments went by before I realized that my miracle invention wasn't what I thought it was.
My hopes and dreams were shattered, my excitement taken away, a lot of emotions came over me, laughter, confusion, disappointment.
This "great" invention wasn't so great after all. It was a Wine Stopper NOT WHINE STOPPER!!!
You see, Drew has been going through the whining phase of her life. it seems like it's been forever. When I saw this, I was so relieved to know that it wasn't just me out there with this problem. So many people out there that such invention was needed.
I was desperate for something and this seemed to fit perfectly (once I could figure out how to use it).
I finally stopped and laughed at myself for thinking anything like this existed.
Was this a desperation moment or an airhead moment? Or an airhead on a desperation moment?
The greatest thing was showing it to my mother-in-law and her excitement was just as great as mine. At least she feels my pain!!
Well, I ended up buying it only to help me keep OUT of the wine, which sounds like a good interim solution while someone out there invents the real "WHINE STOPPER" jk





5 I love hearing from you!:
When you invent that I'll buy some!
LoL! I was laughing out loud reading this -- what a beautiful invention that would be.
You've been missed -I look forward to hearing more of your catch up posts!!
love,
Jordyn
This is hilarious! I love it!
welcome back, ive been wondering where you've been!
I'm sure any little potion (water, sugar and food coloring...maybe a good smell) can do the trick. I'll let you borrow my label maker and you are well on your way to your first million! Not to mention that all mothers would love you for it!
Post a Comment