6.16.2008

Fear Not the Ferocious Ferris Wheel

This weekend we went to the Carnival. This was Drew's first! I can't believe how much she loved it. She had no fears.
As some of you know, I cannot get on a Ferris Wheel. This fear I believe began when I was very little and my cousin (boy) kept swinging the chair until we were parallel to the ground. This was in Guatemala, so all we had to hold us back was a very lose rusty chain. I have not been able to get over my fear since. I can get on any other rides. In fact, I love roller coasters, just not the Ferris Wheel.




Drew obviously didn't inherit this fear from me, since she insisted on going on the Ferris Wheel. Grant went with her, but she was not even faced by the heights. I just stood nervously looking up at her. I was proud of her.



On the Motorcycle Merry Go Round


Grandma & Grandpa


Grandma - Drew - Grant

Grandpa & Drew

4 I love hearing from you!:

Pinky Homer said...

Once again, the face painting is playing tricks on me. I thought you were being sarcastic when you said she had no fear because on the picture with Grant, Drew looks sad or mad ... funny! I think Guatemala was the last time I was on a Ferris Wheel too ... hey! I don't remember having the same experience but maybe I've suppressed it from my mind ... hehehe. Love the pictures.

Ellie said...

I also hate ferris wheels..only because I got on one after I ate all the fair junk food last year..almost hurled on Jordyn, it was good times.

Lacy said...

Drew is so cute. She has such a fun personality.

Matt said...

It was really awesome to see you guys there! Do you love that I just barely starting reading the comments on our blog? Good times...it looks like you guys had a blast!