1.10.2010

Primary Memories of 2009

As the new year began, I sat there in primary admiring my little  who are now CTRs(including Drew).
They looked so big compared to my new batch of sunbeams. I began reminicing all the moments we had together.

I love my calling. Not only I get to spend each sunday with their sweet spirit but I'm sure to get a good laugh.

Here are some of the funny quotes of the class of 2009:


I LIKE TO PLAY WITH MY WII

During spotlight time in primary, the primary president as a child:

"What do you like to do for fun?"
I like to play with my Wii.

The primary president clueless about what that meant said:

" I don't know if I want to repeat that"

You see, she is a single lady with no children of her own and didn't know that a Wii was a game system.


NO ONE LIKES A FROWNY FACE

I couldn't imagine what the primary president was feeling when she realized she lost most of her presidency and teachers.





The first sunday in our new ward, she was apologizing for the chaos and you can tell she was trying to hide her frustration when suddenly we hear a child start singing...

"When you come to meet a frown do not let it stay"...




everyone burst into laughter including the president.





"MY MOMMY SMOKES ON THE TABLE EVERY DAY"

(my personal favorite)



I was out one sunday with bronchitis (important fact to remember) and I asked Grant to sub for me.

It was sister Riddick's turn to teach and all he had to do is be there to assist.


I'm not sure what the exact lesson was about but Sister R. was telling the children about bad choices.


"We don't drink alcohol, we don't lie, we don't hit, etc"

When suddenly Drew...YES...my daughter...shouts:


"My mommy smokes on the table everyday"


Grant and Sister R. both paused and gave eachother a confused look.



Grant signed to her that that wasn't true.



Of course I heard about it.



I'm sure you are thinking..."hmm...bronchitis...smoking...adds up"



For a month or so both Grant and I kept trying to figure out what she meant by that.



I wasn't even sure if she even knew what smoking was.



One night, my mother-in-law and I were just chatting with Drew and we decided to try to figure out what she meant.


So I asked her:


"Drew show me how mommy smokes"



She began moving her hand in a circle.

We were still confused. She noticed and said "when you clean you smoke".


It was then I realized what she meant!!



I use a steamer to clean everything!!


The smoking she meant was the steam!



PHEEW! what a relief!



Although Drew was right about me "smoking" she did lie about me doing it everyday!! hehehe.





LOOKING FORWARD TO THE CLASS OF 2010 MEMORIES





Oh how much I look forward to this new year's memories with my little sunbeams.



So far (after only ONE sunday) I've already found out about some mommies who are pregnant (DON'T WORRY YOUR SECRET IS SAFE WITH ME)



and this cute quote from our little neighbor Sadie:


As I introduced myself to all the kids I said "you can call me Sister Clark" and cute little Sadie looked at me and said:



"I just want to call you Drew's mommy"

Photobucket

3 I love hearing from you!:

................. said...

LOLOL, so you're a smoker! Who would have thought. Drew is so funny. I can't wait to see what Kendrah comes up with. I don't remember Katherine or Andrew ever doing that. Maybe just noone told me.

Liz Smith said...

i admire the fact that you love your calling. when we taught sunbeams, all jared and i wanted to do was throw ourselves out the window, but we could never find one high enough. im convinced that's why our churches aren't tall, to prevent sunbeam teachers from jumping off. anyways, the smoking story was HILARIOUS!! i do miss that part, those kids always said the most hilarious things. Here's one of my favorites: "she likes boob!" the kid was telling us about his newborn baby sister. i just wanted to know how a 3 year old knew the word boob. good times. :P

Pinky Homer said...

I love these stories. They are so funny! Thanks for sharing them with me.