I am not ashamed to admit that I am maddly in love with our puppy Pax. A few weeks ago it was his first birthday and just like for anyone else in our family, we had to CeLeBrAtE.
We started off with the traditional morning birthday song and ended with a fun birthday party. I was only planning on having our family since I know it sounds a bit crazy BUT when I told Drew about his birthday, she got so excited and started listing all the things we needed to do.
1) We've got to invite all his dog friends: Choco, Jack, Leche (my sister's dog), Jax (Grant's brother's family dog who lives in Vegas)
2) What about invitations?
3) decorations?
4) party favors?
The list would've gone on if I hadn't stopped it. I finally said, how about we just invite Leche right now? Also, call grandma and grandpa. I thought if anyone, they would go along with this.
That satisfied her as far as the guest. Once we got decorating, it started again...what about balloons? I finally said, well, it's a dog party so we should decorate with things dogs like. We made a Bones to hang from the chandellier and paw prints to go on the wall.
For the party favors she insisted on making paw print necklaces and that everyone had to put their name on it and wear them.
It was kinda funny because I thought it was sacrifice enough for everyone to come and do this with us, but my sister's kids actually brought him a doggy treat. They were all in to it.
Leche made the biggest sacrifice. He is about 7 years old (49 doggy years old) and Pax just wanted to play and play and play and play some more. Poor Leche just kept walking away and hidding. Finally, for the last 10 minutes, Pax gave up and just layed next to him.
Drew didn't take completly over the party, I was still able to go with my original plan...a doggy cake and a gift.
This was definetly something we'll all remember. Thanks to all that attended and celebrated with us.





8 I love hearing from you!:
You are TOO cute!! I think Sydnee has a love for pax too! Maybe we wil invite him to her birthday!! Love the decorations, and that he will sit to have pictures taken!!
So funny! you should start a businees as a pet party planner!
I am pretty sure that Pax is the cutest dog I've seen. Seriously. I love the party! haha
Gabby you are too cute!It looks like you guys put quite the doggy party!Did you make the cake?It looked scrumcious!
Yes, I made the cake. I know Pax enjoyed it but our house smelled like dog food all day.
You are so good to listen to Drew and please her with her requests. It's things like this that she'll remember forever. You are a great mom and dog owner. They are both so lucky to have you in their lives. Thanks for inviting us ... it was fun!
Felicitaciones por la gran fiesta de el gran perro, es emocionante como hubo una gran decoracion y sus grandes obsequios ( gracias por las fotos las podemos disfrutar con mi mama y papa Miguel). Espero que no les pase como el perro de la nena de Freddy, que como molesta mucho, ahora la esten convenciendo de que mejor unas tortug¨uitas.....ja, ja ja.
Post a Comment