11.25.2009

I feel two tonsils lighter

I finally went through with it!!! After a billion penecilin shots, a couple of passing out because of infection, pluracy, bronchitis and weekly sore throats I finally got a tonsillectomy.
I had to fast from midnight the night before. I was fine fasting, but I was thristy as heck!! Then it got worse as we were in the waiting room waiting to get called back and everyone around me decided to bring their Wendy's, salads, and all kinds of good smelling food. My mouth was watering. I personally thought that that was so inconsiderate. I mean, it's a surgery center, which means most of the patients are fasting.
There was even one family that was called back after their family member was done with their surgery and actully told the nurse "Can you give us a five minutes" so they can finish their meal. I couldn't believe it!! They just sat there and ate their meal with no worry or hurry.

I am definetly going to suggest that they do a no food or drink in the waiting room when I get the feedback survey.

When I woke up I felt like I couldn't breathe, but once the nurses started to talk to me and actually opened my eyes I was fine, but it sure was not the best way to wake up.

My first words were "I want my tonsils to show my kids!!".  I was so sad I forgot to tell them before.  I know that is kind of weird, but my kids I think would think it's cool.  I even thought, bring something that starts with a "T" to preschool is coming up.  JK.  Well, here goes that, since they got rid of them :(

So, today I am on pain meds, which instead of making me fall asleep are keeping me bright awake. I woke up every 4 hours last night and couldn't go back to sleep for an hour or so. It's not too bad since that's been my schedule for a few months anywas.


My thoat is a little sore but believe it or not less sore than when I'm sick. I can talk regularly, except for screaming. I'm sure my kids will be happy about that. And according to my doctor I can eat anything I can handle. I had cheetos last night. I am going to still stick to just liquids to take advantage of the opportunity to loose weight!! heheh


I look forward to no more sore throats.

 Here's me as I'm waking up (JK) 
                 

                                                                                                                                                                                                     
                                                                                  
                                                                                        
                                                                                          Attempting to look cute  
Me being fed by my cute husband                                          in a silly hair hospital cap











Photobucket

8 I love hearing from you!:

Liz Smith said...

yikes! i had no idea you were a part of the 'i hate my tonsils' club. Ive heard of a lot of people lately that have been getting them out. it's the trendy surgery nowadays...haha. i wish you a speedy recovery!!

Grant said...

I like how Liz said it's a trendy surgery- I want to have it done if its the trendy thing to do. I want to make a documentary of what people do & say when they wake up from anestisia. It would be great.

Gabby said...

I've noticed braces are trendy, everyone seems to be getting them. Why do you think I'm wanting them :)

Lindsey said...

Feel better soon! I'm glad everything went well!

Julie Kaye said...

You still look good in a crazy hospital cap! I can't believe you are in less pain than your sore throats!!! You must have been in some serious pain......hope you enjoy turkey/cranberry smoothies!!!

Pinky Homer said...

I meant to tell Grant to take the camcorder to tape you as you were coming out... I hope we didn't miss out on some funny stuff! I'm glad you are doing great and that it's better already. Love you!

Jon and Katie said...

You know except for the drugs, you didn't seem like you had just had surgery. That just says what a tough person you are. Hopefully the sore throat feels better soon.
Love ya

landmark lighting said...

Feel better soon!