8.15.2008

Milestones



When you have kids, one of the funnest things is witnessing all the milestones your kids go through. When they are little, the mildstones come frequently. If you aren't around daily, you're bound to miss something. As the kid gets older, those mildstones grow further apart.

Although, Frankie has done a lot of cute, cool and exciting things lately, this one has topped it off! He has turned 12! With that come a lot of awesome experiences for both him and us! This month he received the priesthood! It is such an overwhelming feeling to be the parent of a 12 year old. The pride that builds up in your chest as you see your son passing the sacrament and headed in the right direction is unbelievable. Being a single mom for almost 7 years, the pressure of guiding Frankie towards the right path was intensified since it lied mostly upon me. Thank goodness that pressure was lightened when I found my husband. He not only has been a great father but a great example of a priesthood holder.
Although I never doubted that he would make it this far, it was a relief to have such great examples in his life that helped ease the worries that a mother has for their children. Frankie being such a great kid also helped the cause!
This milestone was worth waiting for!

**A special thanks to all that have in one way or another influenced Frankie in a positive way and to all who came to share this special moment with us.

4 I love hearing from you!:

A Cheatham said...

I cant believe he is already 12!! Tell him I said congrats! You guys are all just amazing!

Pinky Homer said...

Congratulations Frankie, you have made us all proud. Thanks for your good example to your younger cousins. Love you all.

Jon and Katie said...

Hey you didn't mention in there who was behind the camera. J/K.
Man were getting old, I can't believe the boys are so old. It seems like yesterday they were in diapers taking baths together.

Iliana said...

HE looked so handsome passing the sacrament on sunday I couldn't believe how old his is! Congrats Frankie!